WATER/WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of a VT GD 1 Domestic WW Operator Certification preferred but will train the right applicant
- Minimum of a Grade 3 Water Certification or the ability to obtain the Grade 3 Certification within 2 years
- Two years applicable experience in all phases of water/wastewater system operation and maintenance preferred
- Significant knowledge of Vermont regulatory and reporting requirements to ensure compliance with all conditions of water and wastewater permits preferred.
- Ability to deal with the public in a positive manner
- Management experience required
- General contracting and basic maintenance skills a plus
- Willingness to work alongside other departments
Starting salary will be determined based on experience with a competitive benefits package. The position will remain open until filled. Please submit Employment Application and Resume to the Chester Town Manager’s Office, 556 Elm Street, P.O. Box 370, Chester, VT, 05143.