Chester offers a competitive starting wage for full-time officers with shift differential, as well as an excellent benefit’s package including participation in VMERS Group C retirement, MVP health insurance, paid sick time, vacation time, and personal time. Uniforms and police equipment are provided.
The successful candidate will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Be a U.S. Citizen at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Be certified or certifiable as a police officer by the VT Criminal Justice Training Council (VCJTC).
- Possess a valid VT driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Those wishing to apply should send a letter of interest and resume to:
Chester Police Department
ATTN: Chief Richard Cloud
P.O. Box 370
Chester, VT 05143
Interested applicants can also contact the Chester Police Department at (802) 875-2035 for more information.
The Town of Chester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.