The Green Up Vermont Mentor Program, open to Vermont Students grades 9-12, is designed to help develop leadership skills while actively engaging students in civic volunteerism and taking care of our environment with a focus on Green Up Day.
The Green Up Vermont Executive Director pairs interested students (mentees) with Green Up Day Volunteer Town Coordinators in their common towns that have voiced an interest in being mentors.
Green Up Vermont Mentor Program objectives are to:
• Create connected relationships between coordinators and youth in their towns
• Build awareness and stewardship for clean, healthy environments
• Promote civic engagement and volunteerism that helps their hometown
• Extend knowledge and the traditions of Green Up Day
• Build pride and commitment in taking care of Vermont
• Add youth perspective and ideas to keep Green Up Day vibrant for generations to come
• Have Mentees assist our Volunteer Town Coordinator Mentors in ways that are helpful
Please see here for the details and information- GUV Mentor Program